Obviously looming large this week is the Coronavirus, otherwise designated as COVID-19. My only hope is that everyone takes this as seriously as it warrants, and that preventative measures now avert a bigger disaster later.
Stay safe and healthy this weekend.
- Lee Smolin: Quantum Gravity and Einstein’s Unfinished Revolution | MIT | Artificial Intelligence Podcast - This was another podcast that went over my head and times, but had some incredible discussions around the nature of what’s real, and the scientific method.
- Scott Aaronson: Quantum Computing | MIT | Artificial Intelligence Podcast - This had one of the most digestible, easy to understand descriptions of quantum computing, the problem spaces, and the current state-of-the-art.
- Always Be Journaling - Another post confirming(reinforcing?) the idea of consistent writing and journaling as a way to solidify your ideas, make new connections, and improve your skillset.
- Do whatever you can’t stop thinking about - A short, powerful post about following your passions and having no regrets. I can definitely identify with the feeling about something I want to work on, versus something I have to.
- Firecracker: lightweight virtualization for serverless applications - As a huge fan of AWS Lambda, this paper held a special interest for me. This provides some amazing insight into how an AWS engineering team designs a service that serves millions of users and trillions of requests.