Another week of quarantine has passed. I’m hopeful that the “flattening” being seen in some areas indicates the drastic measures everyone has taken are paying off.
Unfortunately, this week also presented fewer opportunities for reading and listening. I feel this is likely to be an ongoing theme for the forseeable future.
Hopefully everyone is staying healthy and safe, enjoy your weekend.
- Pow! Pow! Power tools! with Thorsten Ball (Go Time #121) - A good all around discussion about tools and workflows in Golang development.
- #83 - Nick Bostrom: Simulation and Superintelligence | MIT | Artificial Intelligence Podcast - Some of this podcast went over my head, but the Simulation Hypothesis is mind blowing.
- Google AI Blog: Exploring Transfer Learning with T5: the Text-To-Text Transfer Transformer - NLP has always been an aspect of machine learning that I’ve thought(hoped) had the most transformative practical applications. Reality has shown to be somewhat different, but the technology presented here is pretty stunning.
- The ultimate guide to reading a book a week for your career - I’ve really enjoyed Cedric’s writing on his blog, and I’m finding a lot of his ideas are more complete formulations of the ideas I’ve had about my own career.
- Reading as the root of career planning - Another great post, I’ve yet to find much material here not worth spending time with.